danaehrlich by Dana Ehrlich

Are you having trouble paying back your federal student loans or you just aren’t looking forward to 25 years of monthly payments? Well, according to www.FinAid.com, you could qualify for the government’s Loan Forgiveness program, which cancels all or part of qualifying federal student loans based on your work or volunteer service.

Created by The College Cost Reduction and Access Act of 2007, this program is designed to help certain borrowers with their educational expenses. To qualify, you must: perform volunteer work (AmeriCorps., Peace Corps., and Volunteers in Service to America); perform military service; and teach or practice medicine in certain communities.

Ask your Human Resource professional if you qualify or visit FinAid’s website.

There’s also a Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program that discharges any remaining qualifying educational debt after 10 years of full-time employment in certain positions of public service. Jobs include: emergency management, government (excluding members of Congress), military service, police officers and fire persons, public health workers (including nurses, nurse practitioners, nurses in a clinical setting, and others), public education, early childhood education, social work in a public child or family service agency, and many more.

From Sarah: – Dana is one of the best real estate specialists in Los Angeles – if you’re looking for a home to buy, she’s the one to call: www.bestsideofthewestside.com

Leave a Comment