by Andrea Albright
If you’ve done any traveling since you’ve been conscious about all the healthy food and the nutrition that your body needs in order to lose weight, then you already know this…
It is nearly impossible to find healthy food to eat when you’re traveling!
All the fast-service food that is available in our airports is full of chemicals, fat, sugar, and crazy ingredients that make you fat.
This stuff they’re calling food is void of nutritional value like vitamins, minerals, fiber… you know, all that HEALTHY stuff you need to be eating daily in order to lose weight and keep it off for a lifetime.
But just because you’re traveling away from home, doesn’t mean you have to give up on your desire to lose weight and live a healthy lifestyle…
You just have to EXPECT that this is going to happen, and you can’t leave anything to chance. I always pack my own food for the flight and I always have a back up “mini-Meal” just in case something goes wrong and it takes longer than expected to get to my destination (which has been known to happen MANY times).
Here’s the key…
–> To Lose Weight You Have to Prepare Ahead of Time
If you show up at the airport empty handed, and just wait for your hunger and cravings to take over you, then you are destined to be pulled in by all the greasy fried foods that surround all the airport terminals in our modern world.
There’s only one way out of this fat-storing death trap… Bring your own food with you!
I’m planning a trip to Australia next month to be a guest speaker at this really amazing event, and I know from experience that I have to be prepared.
Luckily, I’ve got this “packing a healthy mini-Meal on the go” thing down to a science. It’s taken me YEARS to perfect this, and I want to share it with you today.
Here’s what I’m going to do to make sure I’m prepared for my flight over to the other side of the globe…
PLUS this will make sure I’ve got a healthy, fat-melting “mini-Meal” with me at all times while I’m stuck in the airport or on the flight with no healthy food in sight…
Power Pancake Recipe
Oatmeal (100% whole rolled oats)
Egg Whites (egg white cartons are the easiest)
Berries (frozen berries, goldenberries, mulberries, and/or
gogi berries, or raisins)
Cinnamon (a natural fat burner)
– Mix together 1 cup oatmeal and 1 small carton of egg whites (or 10 egg whites if you’re cracking them yourself) into a mixing bowl
– Stir the oatmeal and egg whites together, (this is the basic recipe for your power pancake) – Heat a large frying pan and lightly cover with grapeseed oil so it doesn’t stick (grapeseed oil does better for cooking than olive oil because it doesn’t turn into transfats at high temp, but you can use olive oil if you prefer)
– Pour pancake mixture into frying pan, evenly cook until bottom layer is done
– Evenly sprinkle 1 cup of berries on top of the pancake as it is cooking and push the berries down so that they are deep into the pancake mixture
– Sprinkle cinnamon on top of pancake (go ahead and go crazy because cinnamon is sooooo good for you and it’s a natural fat burner!)
– Once the pancake is almost cooked all the way through, cut the pancake in 4 equal parts like a pizza
– Flip each piece of the pancake over, one at a time, until all 4 pieces of the pancake are flipped over (this helps to not make a mess by flipping the entire pancake at once)
– Turn off the heat and let the pancake cook all the way through (usually another 3 minutes or so)
– Place all 4 pieces of the pancake on a plate to cool before wrapping in individual, sealed foil wrappers
… And voila! Your pancakes are ready to travel.
This Recipe Has Helped Me Lose Weight
I make this pancake every time I’m traveling on a long flight. It’s super quick (once you get the recipe down, it takes only 5-10 min for the entire thing)…
And it’s so easy to travel with because you now have 4 mini-Meals that you can whip out and eat at anytime and anywhere (each pancake is equal to 1 mini-Meal).
PLUS… it’s super healthy for you and won’t cause cravings, fat-storage, or an energy crash.
This power pancake gives you protein, slow-burning carbohydrates, antioxidants, vitamins, fiber, and minerals…
Which are all essential in order to lose weight.
And it will leave you satisfied and give you hours of optimum energy.
It’s one of the healthiest mini-Meals you can eat and it tastes soooo delicious you’ll feel like you’re cheating.
It makes traveling even more enjoyable because it takes the stress, headache, guilt, and desperation out of trying to find healthy food, failing, and then getting stuck pigging out on airport food (yuck!)
Try it on your next trip and once you see how super easy and delicious this Power Pancake is, you’ll never go back to eating salty, chemically processed peanuts again.
Love and Light,
Amazing Body Now
P.S. This is the perfect food to take with you when you are at long seminars, training, classes and conferences too!
From Sarah: Andrea’s an amazing coach with her own amazing story of how she transformed her body into the one she has now (and her site and great ebook is called “Amazing Body Now“– a strong body that keeps her healthy and happy. She’s focused her life on helping others achieve the same goal. Check her out if you’re struggling with belly fat or want to lose weight–