When there is crisis in a relationship, one person often promises, “I’m going to change.” Here are some practical signs that your spouse or significant other is truly changing for the better.
Every relationship hits a snag, or worse, a major crisis (such as infidelity), that demands significant change if the relationship
is to survive.
So…there are promises to change and the two of you embark upon a new path. You watch carefully.
“Can I trust this change? Is it permanent? temporary? How long will it last? Is he REALLY changing?”
Good questions. Here are 16 ways to know if the change is going to last:
1. You notice opposite behaviors and nonverbal communication. Passivity becomes activity. Recklessness transforms into thoughtfulness. Aloofness turns into engagement.
2. You find yourself surprised. “Hmmmm, this hasn’t happened before, but is really nice! I wonder where this came from? But, I will take it!”
3. He expresses more curiosity about you, about himself and others. He observes more closely what happens in the relationship, without criticism or defensiveness.
4. You feel that somehow there has been a shifting of gears. There is a different rhythm or flow in the relationship. Much less effort. Much less tension.
5. You find yourself noticing how differently he talks. The words seem different. The emotional tone of the words seem different.
6. The negative times, where you felt very stuck, helpless and hopeless, are less intense, happen less often and you seem to have more effective ways to move out of those times more quickly.
7. Your gut (intuition) tells you that this is ok. You begin to trust that part of you more implicitly. A part of you is clapping and cheering inside!
8. He seems to have more direction and purpose. Less drifting. He seems to be driven more by internal desires and wishes rather than reacting to people or external circumstances. He takes up interesting hobbies or finds more enthusiasm for career.
9. The changes seem to be more consistent and carry over for a longer period of time. More stability. Fewer swings. You seem more consistently on the right path.
10. More concern is expressed for family, children and close friends.
11. Words such as: “I promise. I’ll try. Or, I’m going to…” are NOT in his vocabulary.
12. Moments of chest beating are gone. Apologies are past and there is a sense of working right here right now to create what we want down the line.
13. You hear no blaming of others. He does NOT make others responsible for his actions. You sense that he is intent upon responsibly creating his world.
14. There is good eye contact.
15. He’s taking great steps toward self care both physically, emotionally and spiritually. He can state what he needs and negotiate with you to get those needs met. At the same time, your personal needs are considered.
16. You worry much less about what will happen next.
From Sarah: Personality isn’t written in stone. Your personality and every man you meet’s personality developed throughout life – and, yes, it’s all anchored and grounded in the DNA you and he were born with…SO – you can really get incredible relationship help if you have the skill of being able to “read” a man’s personality as it is now – and our ebook “Attract The Hell Out Of Him – Crack The Secret Code Of His Personality” you’ll not only learn how to “read” him – you’ll learn what he NEEDS, what he WANTS – and how to GIVE it to him, and help him CHANGE into a better man – while at the same time being absolutely YOURSELF! Go check out “The Secret Code Of His Personality” and get yourself the relationship you want here->